Friday 21 February 2014

Final fabric- after dyed

Here is my fabric that I have dyed for my final top and skirt garment. The top picture is the skirt fabric and the bottom image is the fabric for the top. I have used two different types of fabric for my garment sets, I have used a thicker density fabric which is worsted wool twill, and a lighter, finer fabric which is silk organza. I have used these two fabrics are they are different in the thickness but also it the way they dye, hange and feel, they both give off a totally different look and effect as the organza is that thin it is transparent. I have layered the two fabrics up with the wool underneath the organza as you can see it through. I have dyed the wool a pale pink and the organza the same, the then hand painted onto the organza while the fabric was wet, which ment when I added the hand painted dye in a splattered, free way it created a chaotic feel as it wasn't ordered and the dye bled into the fabric freely and un-controlled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment