Saturday 8 February 2014

New project drawing sheet 1

This is my painting that depicts the word discord, I have used horses and flowers to depict a opposite attract feeling, I have used media and techniques which are contrasting but in other ways they compliment each other. Such as the use of colour on the background I used a wash of bright blues and bleached other parts out creating a high level of contrast. I then used the horses and applied the media thickly and bold, by layering up water colours which bits of acrylic paint. I then included flowers to a part of the horses and used light and delicate media to portray the fine delicate petals of the flowers. I think the way I have applied the media to the horses and flowers are contrasting however the way I have portrayed the flowers onto parts of the horse to ack like the main or the rains compliments the two elements together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment